So, Kev and I enjoy making smoothies and of course the girls love them as well. I can't remember who couldn't pronounce it right, but they would call a smoothie a smoogie. It has since caught on and even Kev and I call them smoogies now. So, the other day Rae noticed we were getting ready to make some and she yelled in excitement, "SMOOGIES!" Then Hailee said, "Dad, when I was little I used to call them smoogies too." And Kev responded, "What do you call them now, Hailee?" And in a very grown up, sophisticated way she said. "I just call them smooge." We got quite the kick out of that one. Even still we laugh when we remember how grown up she was trying to be, while still calling them the wrong thing. Oh what fun and laughter kids bring into your home.
Kyle is going to dress up as a pirate for Halloween, but Kev and I have been thinking that maybe we should have him dress up as Alvin, the chipmunk, he has the perfect cheeks for it! :o)

Curlers and bicycles, quite the combination!

What a sweetheart!
3 comments:
Your children are SO super cute! Seeing kids on bikes makes me sad that summer is gone. I love shiny sun, warm breeze, blue sky, and squinty eyes on bikes while short little legs peddle as fast as they can! Farewell summer! Come back SOON! *sigh*
Sorry that I am leaving another comment - but I can't believe that you have Barry Manilow on your playlist - I LOVE HIM!!! He writes the songs that make the whole world sing...! Mandy is one of my favorites. How funny that there is another fan out there who is younger than 68! How did I live by you for over a year and not know this gem? Brad is going to laugh and then throw up (obviously his perfect taste stops with who to marry!)
Hah! That is awesome that you like Barry Manilow. Listening to him brings back so many memories of when I was a kid. So I have fun listening to him.
Post a Comment