Monday, July 13, 2009

Lake Powell

Well it has been a week and a half now, and I am finally getting around to showing you about our trip. We had such an awesome time, we have both missed it a lot since we have returned. We are already trying to plan the next time we can go. It was an adult only trip, with the exception of Kyle, he is the youngest grand kid on Kev's side of the family and he is still nursing so he got to come. But since we were on a house boat we thought it wise to leave the rest of the kids at home. We skied, tubed and jet skied all week long and I don't think any of us were ready for it to be over with.


I tried to get a picture of Kev skiing, but he and his bother Mike look so much a like that I accidentally only uploaded pictures of Mike, so just imagine that this is Kev OK? :o) They are pretty comparable on the slalom so we can pretend.



Kyle was not a huge fan of the water, I guess it was too cold for him, which is hard to imagine because the temperature was awesome, it couldn't have been better.


One of our favorite things to do was jump off the top of the boat. This is Dave jumping, Kev's older brother. We have some sweet pictures of all the girls jumping together and all the guys jumping together, but it wasn't with my camera so I don't have those pictures yet.


Kyle, me, the houseboat and gorgeous Lake Powell.


He eventually fell asleep. My kids always fall asleep on the ski boat, it must be very soothing to them to ride because they always sleep. It is too cute. This is Kev's Mom holding Kyle with Brad (one of his younger brothers) behind.



This was on the ski boat ride up to Rainbow Bridge. The largest natural arch in the world. You have to take a ski boat up through a canyon for a few miles and then hike for about a mile up to the arch. We are very far away from the arch so it is hard to tell how enormous it really is. If there were a person standing at the base of the arch, they would be a pin prick from this view.


Kev and I tubing. We are both kinda wimpy on a tube, we don't like major injuries or massive headaches after going on a tube so we go kinda slow and try to do tricks, like standing up on the tube and stuff. I think it is a lot funner and not so dangerous.


Here's Mike again, when I thought I was putting up a picture of Kev. Oops!


The whole group, except Kyle. He must have been taking a nap. Thanks for an awesome time everyone. We had a blast.


I can't get enough of the beautiful cliffs and rocks at Lake Powell, they are amazing.


This was on the drive home, from the Lake. I think Kyle was getting bored of sitting in the car seat for 9 hours and so he thought eating his toes might be an fun form of entertainment.

3 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

Looks like such a blast! I'm glad you had such a good time. You look great Jess!

Kristen Cook said...

Wow! You guys got lots of great pictures! That's why I wanted to be the one to put all the CDs together - so I can get everyone else's great pictures, too!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Your Lake Powell trip looked like so much fun! I love the picture of Kyle trying to eat his toes at the end! YOu guys rock! jules