Thursday, September 9, 2010

First time on the bus!

Hailee and I both had our apprehensions to her riding the bus. She had to opportunity to ride on her second day of school but the night before about an hour after she had gone to bed she came out of her room on the verge of tears and said, "Mom, I don't think I am ready to ride the bus yet." I told her I would take her and pick her up as long as she wanted me too and she felt much better. But for the next few days she would go back and forth, she wanted to, but was also still very nervous. But finally on her third day of school she decided to ride the bus home. I thought and worried about her the whole time I knew she was on the bus, and I was so relieved when she got off the bus and was absolutely beaming! She was so excited and thought it was the coolest thing ever. Ever since then she has not had an ounce of nervousness or anxiety. I am so glad. I can't believe how grown up she is!
On her way to school!


Hailee and her school bus! :o)


Waiting at the bus stop to go to school!


The bus dropping Hailee off after school!


Hailee racing to give me her awesome bear hugs I get everyday after school! I am glad she hasn't thought it was lame to have her Mom wait for her at the bus stop. I know someday she will think it is lame, but until then, I will keep meeting her at the stop!

No comments: