Thursday, February 5, 2009

Count your blessings!

So, I must be a pretty boring person because I want to post more often but I never have anything to write or talk about...just the same old house work, care for children, run errands, etc, etc. So the past couple of weeks I have even been going through my days thinking about stuff that happens and ask myself if it is blog worthy...not really. But, I will say we got our family pictures taken last week and I will say it was a BLESSING, I have never had such a successful photo shoot before, especially with three little ones. We ended up spending a small fortune on the pictures because there were so many cute ones that we ended up buying lots. But I am so excited to get them tomorrow and when I get them on the computer I will be sure to post them because they are awesome.

Kevin is getting busy at work, not cool. It has gotten busy about 3 weeks earlier than last year, which is bad news. Tax season, what a joy! But I am trying my hardest to get my brain in the right mind set and make it work. The late evenings are no fun but I have the hardest time getting used to him being gone on Saturdays. We can't go anywhere or plan anything for the next few months and that gets me a little cabin feverish, but I am determined to have a good attitude and survive.

Raelyn turns three in 5 days and I can hardly believe it. My baby girl is growing up and too quickly. Does anyone have the perfect idea for a gift for her. I haven't gotten her anything yet...not because I am procrastinating, but because I don't know what to get her. She says she wants a birthday cake and her cousins, Corrine and Paige.... So, not very helpful from her. Give me some ideas if you have any, will you?

Kyle has three teeth now, little buddy. It's hard to accept how fast he is growing up. And you all know he is on the fast track. My sister Jamie had a baby on Monday, her baby made me baby hungry. You wouldn't think it could be possible for me to have a 6 month old and still be baby hungry, but he has never been a baby it feels like. We didn't get much time with him the first 10 days because he was in the NICU, and then when we got home he decided to grow up in two weeks. I love my chubby babies, but I do miss not having infants for a little longer.

Hailee is my girl that gives me a crystal clear mirror image of myself. Not in looks but in behavior, and it is really scary sometimes. I see all of my weaknesses in her when she is upset and it really makes me want to be a better person and Mom, I am frustrated that she learns these bad behaviors from me. Mothering is such a huge responsibility and sometimes I worry that I come up short too often. I hope though that I can make a more positive influence in my children's lives then a negative one. That has been on my mind a lot and I pray I can be the Mother, Heavenly Father wants me to be. Thank goodness for repentance and new days.

Have a great day everyone and thanks for your great friendships!

5 comments:

Liberty said...

Can't wait to see your pictures! A good present for Rae would be some football pad and helmet - I bet she'd love it! Books are always great, or maybe an arts and crafts kit for kids. When I was a kid I got a dress up box for Christmas and I loved it - stuff my mom got at the Thrift Store. Sorry about Kevin - that's a bummer, but at least there is job security. By the way, you are one of the most amazing moms I know and such a great example to me.

JulieJ said...

We got Tyce one of those Viewmaster thingies that you project onto the wall with a bunch of slides to go with it.
Also, I told Grandma to get him that Elefun game that shoots butterflies out of his nose because his speech therapist brought that one day and he was in heaven. Speaking of, I have to get off of this computer and wrap those presents.
We can be tax widows together! Call me if you ever need a break. We could let the kids play at Artic Circle or something (although last time that resulted in stiches!)

Kristen Cook said...

Jessa, you're crazy! You are an awesome mommy! I look up to you SO much! I've been so impressed being around your kids - they are so conscious about having "clean" mouths and they are always modest! They know all the church songs and stories! And I know that they haven't learned all of that from church leaders ... they knew tons before they were even old enough to learn from church leaders! You are an amazing mother and, like I said, I look up to you so much! I just hope that I can be as good a mom as you are! Don't get down on yourself! Everyone has weaknesses and you should be thankful that you don't have more than what you (think you) have! If your girls grow up to be just like you, the world will be an awesome place and Heavenly Father will be SO pleased! :o) We love you and miss you guys and can't wait to see those family pictures! Give all those adorable kids big hugs for me! Give Kev a hug (if you see him!) :o) (And try to give yourself a big hug for me, too, ok?) :o) Love you guys!

~Kristen~

Jamie said...

Ohhhh, now I really wish I could have made it to Rae's family party. I didn't realize that she asked for Corrine and Paige! That is so cute! What a sweet girl. I love you tons and we need to get together soon so that you can get your fill of newborns by holding your niece. Love you!

JulieJ said...

Hey Jessica- Just letting you know my blog address changed to www.dreamingofbeaches.blogspot.com